Friday, March 27, 2009

Congress banks on PJR’s image

Congress banks on PJR’s image Before being split and four new constituencies carved out of it, Khairatabad Assembly constituency used to hog the limelight as the biggest in the State. Also, it attracted attention for some high profile contests such as those witnessed between P. Janardhan Reddy (Congress) and K. Vijayarama Rao (TDP). Losing to the former CBI chief in 1999, PJR wrested back the honour in the 2004 elections. After PJR’s death, his son P.Vishnuvardhan Reddy was elected from the constituency befor K.Vijayarama Rao (TDP) Why should people vote for you? Voters are convinced of the works that were taken up in the constituency during my tenure as MLA and Minister. Development was ushered in and amenities such as drinking water and electricity were provided even in basthis apart from establishing frequent interaction with them. Anti-social elements were deterred and women felt safe as eve-teasing too was effectively curbed. I followed ethical practices and stayed with values of public life. Corruption was checked and voters remember all these. What are your advantages? A clean image and earnestness to deliver is my advantage apart from the fact that development took a backseat here in last five years. Those in colonies as well as slums appreciate the development initiatives taken up by me and are supporting my candidature. This time our alliances will help my case. Who is your opponent and will PJR be missed? PJR was a formidable opponent. He had a long association with the constituency and was popular because of his accessibility. I never launched personal attacks against him and my criticism was purely based on omissions. When he is not here, with certain humility I say that people think that I am the one who will take care of them. The contest is between me and D. Nagender. Chintala Ramachandra Reddy (BJP) Why should people vote for you? I expect the voters to favour me as I am well acquainted with the local issues pertaining to this area and had been fighting for improving the civic amenities. The constituency has been neglected badly and lacks woefully in several aspects, which need immediate attention. The voters are with me as they are convinced about my sincerity to address the issues. Also, I represent a national party that is determined to control terrorism and keep inflation under check. What are your advantages? I share an excellent rapport with the electorate and they believe in me. They want a change from the extended control that some leaders had over here. The neglect they faced from their representatives is also going to be in my favour. But basically, they are going to vote for commitment and Bharatiya Janata Party’s victory here is a foregone conclusion. Who is your opponent and will PJR be missed in the contest? People do still have a certain feelings for P. Janardhan Reddy but his party (Congress) has done harm to his memory by fielding a candidate who always worked against him. The Telugu Desam Party candidate K. Vijayarama Rao can hardly give a fight this time and he does not stand a chance at all in this election. D.Nagendar (Congress): Why should people vote for you? I have been in public life for long and my endeavour to serve are well known. As MLA, I had developed Asifnagar and the works are well appreciated. This time, following the high command decision, I am contesting from Khairatabad which has a certain sentimental attachment for I was born here. That way I am a local here. What are your advantages? Since I was born here, people in the constituency are happy about my nomination. They are calling me ‘Muddu Bidda of Khairatabad’ and extending all support. I share a good rapport and a cordial relation with people here and their blessings are with me. Also my work for PJR during his contests from here is well known. Since my candidature was made known, even I am overwhelmed by the response that people here are extending. My contact programme is well received and I am confident we will ensure the victory for Congress. Who is your opponent and will PJR be missed in the contest? PJR did develop a committed Congress support and they are going to ensure my victory. Surely, he is being missed and I can guess how it would have been if he was with me in this election. There is no contest and I am sure of emerging victorious. T. LALITH SINGH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

About Me

hyderabad, telangana, India
main event to say friends about prajayam